Materials Planner & Buyer
|Location||Tyne & Wear|
A key client of mine is seeking a Materials Planner and Procurement specialist to join them on a permanent basis in Tyne & Wear. Your main responsibility will be to produce, manage and deliver to Material Requirement Schedule for all New Build, Education and Public Buildings and refurb projects, across the business.
To be successful for this role, you must be able to:
- Ensure materials are procured in time for site
- Attend team meetings as required
- Liaise with Site Management on quantity / delivery issues
- Liaise with suppliers for technical advice
- Be involved with Value Engineering proposals
Other requirements include:
- Being able to carry out take-offs from construction drawings
- Having excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Keeping up to date with building and material regulations
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the regions leading main-contractors in a role offering career progression opportunities.