M&E Quantity Surveyor
|Location||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Salary||£35,000 - £45,000 + package|
Our client are a rapidly expanding M&E Contractor who specialise in the Power & Energy sector. They specialise in creating business energy solutions to customers in the UK and Europe, helping them to optimise their sustainability, cost-efficiency, and operational continuity.
Due to their market being so niche they do not have many competitors, their projects are interesting and varied and are located in the across the UK and Europe
With a strong pipeline of secured work, as well as future opportunities they are looking to strengthen our core team with a Quantity Surveyor, who will have a key role in working on projects from bid stage and maintaining the overall contract management through to completion.
In return they offer a competitive salary, car allowance, private health care scheme, and bonus scheme.
• Manage and assess the monthly payment process for the aforementioned subcontract in accordance with the contractual timescales;
• Monthly cost and value reporting and presentation to the management team.
• Develop project cash flow forecasts for projects and feed into Financial Manager
• Take a lead role in developing a trusted supply chain and subcontractor network
• Ability to assist with procurement and supply chain agreements to drive value for the Group
• Work closely with the procurement department on commercial matters to be included in subcontracts;
• Manage target cost changes in respect of compensation events and price adjustment provisions;
• Ability to negotiate with contractors, suppliers with a view to agree final accounts
• Preparation and Management of Subcontracts suppliers and material Procurement Schedules;
• Verification of the subcontractors monthly defined cost which will include undertaking audits on the subcontractor;
• Ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of the projects;
• Costing of value engineering proposals and assisting in the assessment of changes to the accepted programme;
• Assist the Procurement Manager in commercial and financial aspects of contracts;
• Assist in the maintenance of the procurement plan and associated commercial procedures relating to subcontractors and suppliers;
• Report to the commercial manager on contractual aspects of the project;
• Assisting the Commercial Director in educating the project team in the specific requirements of the conditions of contract;
• Provide contractual advice to the commercial, construction and engineering departments;
• Preparation of contractual correspondence and responding to communications from the project manager;
• Registration, notification and evaluation of early warning procedures events.
Experience and Qualifications
• Degree qualified, RICS / CIOB registration preferred.
• MEP experience and knowledge.
• Knowledge and understanding of NEC contracts.
• Construction and civil engineering experience.
• Well-presented and professional with a flexible approach to work;
• Excellent client relationship skills;
• Previous experience as a MEP QS / QS within the construction or engineering industry
• Willingness to show initiative and drive, in addition to being a team player;
• Good communicator and excellent analytical capabilities;
• Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel with a keen interest to develop their skills further;
• Experience working towards tight deadlines and budgets, dealing with interim payments;
• Experience in pricing projects.