Mechanical Design Engineer
|Location||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|Salary||£30,000 - £55,000 + car allowance + benefits (depending on experience)|
This is one of the most well established, international multi-discipline Design Consultancies with offices spanning 6 continents. Their building services team nationally is over 70 head strong across the UK, which hosts a breadth and depth of talent and a wealth of experience
As a people focussed business, our client fully understands and appreciates the need for work-life balance offering an agile working arrangement. This role would see you working within a close knit team with full support from Director level and a structured path for progression to Principal level and beyond.
- Carrying out detailed Mechanical Building Services Design Engineering on new build and refurbishment construction projects.
- Assist senior staff in feasibility studies, concept and scheme design stages
- Attend design team meetings alongside other staff members.
- Inspect and report on mechanical building services systems.
- Work will typically be undertaken in conjunction with senior staff assisting in the survey, design, specification and contract administration process of the projects.
- The aim is to increase the design, construction and practical knowledge of the individual to achieve Senior Engineer status. The work would be a mixture of survey, design work, office based project administration and site attendances.
- Utilise Building Services software for calculations.
- Undertake Mechanical design work consisting of surveys, design, drawings and specifications for projects. Work in conjunction with other design team members as required as part of an overall project team. Ensure the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Produce marked up drawings for CAD by others or direct CAD design drawings for issue.
- Ability to design principle mechanical systems taken from a concept level of design through to detailed design (BSRIA BG6 Stage 4A)
- Use of Hevacomp / IES or equivalent
- Ability to view and interpret drawings in AutoCAD
- Understanding of Building Regulations Part L compliance associated with the systems above.
- Use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
Package & Benefits:
- Competitive salary + car allowance
- Excellent holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year
- Company pension scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Screening
- Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business