Mechanical Design Engineer
|Salary||£29,000 - £36,000|
My client are an expanding international M&E consultancy, with a proven track record in low energy design, focused on providing excellent design solutions to clients.
They are seeking an Mechanical Design Engineer to be based in their Newcastle office.
You will have the ability to run small sized projects and assuming responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
Cross sector experience is essential including commercial, hotel, retail and hotel design. Data Centre and mission critical experience is also a big bonus! Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be working towards Chartered Engineer status, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- Responsible for the running of small projects. Researches, develops, designs and assumes responsibility for coordination and monitoring of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for validation of Intermediate & Graduate Engineer input into designs
- Support the delivery of projects in accordance with the expectations of the Project Delivery Process from a Project Management, Financial Management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- HND or degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Working towards or have achieved MCIBSE/MIEE or equivalent
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Experience of specification design/drawing for at least one building type
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office apple excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
Specific Business Understanding
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy.
- Act in an ethical manner and follow the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines of the Group
Salary commensurate with experience.
Working in a friendly team with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
A comprehensive benefits package