Mechanical Design Engineer (MEP)
|Salary||£28,000 - £45,000|
Coleman James are working with a well-established independent MEP Building Services consultancy in Manchester who are looking for an ambitious and driven Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing office.
Working directly with the Mechanical Associate, this role will present a clear and structured career path and the chance to work on some of the most exciting and innovative projects throughout the UK
Appreciating that the success of the business is down to the dedication of their staff, they recognise collective and individual achievements and reward their staff with a clear commitment and structure for career advancement. They provide a contemporary working environment with agile working, generous holiday entitlement, relaxed dress code and an absence of bureaucracy.
This is a company who prides itself upon the culture within the business, ensuring that their Engineers are technically strong and well-rounded you will gain exposure to all aspects of the business.
- responsible for design development, including drawings and calculations;
- liaise with Clients, other design team members and contractors;
- liaise with other team members to plan workload and resources;
- produce drawings and calculations and checking those of others;
- author official documents including letters, reports and specifications;
- mentor junior engineers and technician
- Sound technical knowledge of mechanical building services.
- AutoCAD / REVIT familiarity
- Familiar with industry standard calculation programmes, e.g Hevacomp / Cymap / IES.
- Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business