|Location||Multiple Locations across the UK|
|Salary||Up to 60k Dependant on experience|
This is a dynamic, customer facing role where you will take responsibility for Modular switchgear or SFC supply projects throughout the full project life cycle, working in partnership with the multi-skilled, multidisciplinary team.
This is from the early stages of bids and tenders to customer requirements capture, through validation, testing, approvals and installation, to on-going customer support.
As part of your role, you will help guide the planning and lead implementation of projects delivering a technical solution which meets the customers’ needs and complies with industry specifications. This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business to understand and deliver solutions to the customer.
This includes Products, Services & Engineering teams, Sales, Accounting and Planning, as well as frequently liaising, influencing and establishing rapport with our customers.
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, fit-out, and test of traction power equipment, and in particular traction power or distribution substations at 650V DC, 25kV AC, 33kV AC.
- Establishes a highly motivated high performing, success orientated team to meet the project requirements.
- Provides project reports as required to the business and to clients.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project team, and other relevant decision-makers in respect of matters arising on the project
- Carefully prepares in conjunction with the company's commercial management all correspondence and written and verbal transactions related to the conduct of the project works both technical and commercial.
- Can understand, take into account and put forward / present a strategic viewpoint when it comes to the finances and delivery of the project.
- Plans strategy for maintaining good relations, communicating and exchanging information with the customer and other interested parties (stakeholders).
- Ensure the correct emphasis is placed on HSQE and is demonstrated at all times by their leadership and behaviour.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Project Management or Engineering experience at a similar level, ideally within UK railway electrification projects.
- Transferable knowledge from other relevant power distribution industries also considered.
- Project management experience ideally within the rail industry.
- Further education qualification, ideally degree qualified
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Technical & engineering skills, qualifications & experience
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Commercial aptitude & awareness
- Good IT skills/ Computerised Information Systems, including MS Office applications, and an understand of Primavera Project software (e.g. P6e)
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.