Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
|Salary||£50k + benefits|
A key client of mine, a successful civil engineering company based in Middlesbrough, is seeking a QS or Senior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to join their commercial team.
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of a project
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A degree in construction (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a QS with a main-contractor
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working on large scale projects as a package QS or Lead QS
This is an excellent opportunity for a QS who is ready to take the next step in their career and join a reputable contractor working on civil engineering and groundworks projects in the commercial, industrial and educational sectors.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.