Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Salary||50,000 - 60,000|
- To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the Project(s).
- Preparation of internal CVR on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Senior QS /Commercial Manager / Senior Commercial Manager and any other reports which may be required.
- Maintaining an up to date Cost to Complete and Risk Register for the projects(s)
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and key material(s) procurement schedules.
- Compile and issue invitations to tender, analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for subcontract award & write subcontract orders for approval
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Production and rigorous management of Early Warning Notices / change notices and associated registers.
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Compensation Events/variations, extension of time claims, etc.
- To assist in identifying and proactively managing all commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
- To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness within the site team and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly managing records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
- To utilise focalpoint costing system to help improve cost control and commercial reporting and ensure that all relevant people are fully trained to utilise the system to its full potential.
- Preparation of project final accounts
- Re-measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- To ensure all site records for all labour, plant, materials, prels, etc are maintained as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
- To ensure that all Group Procedures are strictly followed
- To undertake any other work as required of you by the Commercial Manager/Project Manager, etc.
RICS - Desirable
2 days per week from home, This role would be a split of Manchester, London and home.
Projects range generally from £50k-£30m
80% of the projects are with Tier 1 contracts.
This is a Newly created role based on growth
Our client is looking for someone with a background in General civils, highways, construction or power for this role. Rail is a bonus.