Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing
|Salary||£45k + benefits|
A key client of mine, who is a main-contractor based in Yorkshire, is seeking a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis to join their commercial team. Suitable applicants will have between 3 and 5 years experience in a Quantity Surveyor position working on social housing new-build schemes or for a main-contracting house-builder.
We’re looking for dynamic candidates who are good team players and can manage their own projects. The successful candidate will reporting directly into the Senior Surveyor and Commercial Director and there’s an excellent opportunity for progression to Senior Quantity Surveyor level.
- Maintain effective communication with the site teams
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contacts with client’s representatives.
- Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
- Commercial management of subcontractors.
- Monitor the timely production of reliable cost performance data.
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly reports.
- Provide commercial input to project strategy.
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
- Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Self Motivated
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Hands on and can work as part of a team
This is the ideal opportunity for an established QS to secure a fresh challenge or for a highly experienced Assistant QS to take the next step in their career.