Senior Quantity Surveyor MEP
|Salary||Negotiable dependant upon experience|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s leading forces in M&E contracting, delivering first class design led engineering solutions for large scale projects across private and public sectors.
Operating out of 7 Regional Offices, they specialise in the design and installation of building services and infrastructure solutions nationwide. Having successfully worked on several prestigious contracts in the UK and Scotland, they are viewed as one of the leading suppliers of building services and are BIM 2 level accredited.
Delivering bespoke, design-led cost-efficient solutions optimised for the whole construction team, they maximise off-site manufacturing in their production facility which minimises onsite resources and interfaces assuring quality and customer satisfaction in a measurable, safe way every time.
With an impressive pipeline of work, this client is looking forward to working on some exciting new projects in the Bristol and surrounding areas!
As a result, they have an opportunity for a Senior M&E Project Surveyor to join their commercial team to support the daily commercial management and administration of the project both upstream with Clients and downstream with supply chain, to achieve business objectives on one or more projects including larger, more complex projects.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Develop and encourage project team performance, ensuring that the companies’ main contractual obligations and/or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Ensure the timely receipt of quotations for materials, equipment and Sub-subcontract works, undertake commercial assessment of quotes received and ensure the timely placement of orders on commercially advantageous terms to facilitate project delivery and ensure business objectives are met
- Produce internal and external commercial reports
- Produce, manage and execute project cash strategies
- Support the Commercial Manager ensuring recovery of the costs/value and time associated with change from their Clients to allow agreement of final accounts
- Ensure all contractual processes are completed on time
They are looking for an experienced and qualified Senior Quantity/ Project Surveyor with an understanding of different procurement methods used in construction; an understanding of the different standard forms of contract, and the risks associated with each. You will have a solid level of technical appreciation/competence in M&E Services with the ability to apply this to the commercial management of the project(s) and the wider business objectives.
To be successful in the role you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with all stakeholders.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business