Senior Building Performance Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Building Performance Engineer to join the team of a National M&E contractor in the Yorkshire Region. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the delivery of the complete building performance scope on projects allocated to them by the Building Performance Engineering Manager using agreed resources on programme and fee proposal.
- To create bid winning themes that offer best value and technically correct solutions.
- To deliver building physics work to an exemplar quality of service for their clients and their Operating Regions
- To produce of building physics work that is technically correct, on time and within budget.
- To monitor and report on programme, progress and change on building physics tasks allocated.
- To act as a mentor to Apprentice and Student Building Physic Engineers.
- To maintain knowledge and understanding of technical developments and changes to regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that all building physics work produced by the building physics team is technically correct, on time and within budget whilst offering best value
Knowledge and Experience:
Very good understanding of Building Services Engineering and in particular the following calculations using IES VE or EDSL TAS:
- 3D modelling & BIM interoperability
- Solar shading
- Steady state heating and cooling design loads
- Dynamic thermal comfort / overheating analysis
- UK Building Regulations (Part L and Part F)
- Airflow and natural ventilation analysis
- Climate and future weather analysis
- The Well Building Standard
- Minimum building services engineering related Level 6 (Bachelor’s Degree) qualification.
- Minimum CIBSE Associate grade membership (Or equivalent).
- Minimum Incorporated Engineer professional registration (Or equivalent).
- Working towards a building services engineering related Level 7 (Master’s Degree) qualification.
- Working towards CIBSE Member grade membership (Or equivalent).
- Working towards Chartered Engineer professional registration (Or equivalent).
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.