Senior Electrical Project Engineer
|Salary||£45 - 50k depending upon experience + car + benefits|
Senior Electrical Project Engineer required to join the Manchester office of this leading national top ten M&E contractor.
The role would see you reporting into the Contracts Manager on a high profile, prestigious project in the North West with an M&E value in excess of £10m.
This role is offering a clear and structured path for progression to Project Management level for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manage construction phase of the projects attending client, design & project meetings both internal & external.
- Manage all commercial/financial procedures for review with Regional Manager & Commercial Manager.
- Manage all Health & Safety on projects ensuring all work is carried out safely. Assist project teams to develop Method Statements and Risk Assessments and the Safety Plan and to observe the requirements for CDM regulations applicable, also attending the necessary HS&E meetings.
- Provide input into buildability, programme, methodology and costing during the feasibility and construction stages.
- Scrutinise tender documents and compare to construction issue documentation and identify changes.
- Develop programme of works within constraints of Main Contractors Programme and monitor throughout contract duration.
- Maintain schedules of procurement comparing tender to actual costs and ensuring delivery requirements are aligned with programme requirements
- Chair weekly labour resource meetings collectively with all engineers and have overall responsibility for operative training, holiday requirements, sickness, allocation of supervisors & operatives, labour expenditure, development of apprentices and recovery of any additional works through measured daywork sheets etc.
- Supervise the quality of the onsite works.
- Notify the Regional Manager and Commercial Manager of any risks to the project and offer proposals on how they may be mitigated against.
- Resolve all technical queries arising throughout the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Communication skills with all parties.
- Financial awareness.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of new build and refurbishment construction projects in the following sectors: Commercial Offices, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Education, Healthcare and Industrial, ideally in design/ build as well as pre-design formats.
Please contact Robyn Keelin for full details – 07908137698
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business