Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
|Salary||£48,000 - £57,000 depending upon experience + £7k Car Allowance|
Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor required to join the Building Services division of this leading national contractor. The role will see you working for a progressive company offering the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
My client is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a driven and ambitious M&E Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record of running multiple M&E Services packages on projects up to the value of £20m. Project sectors include Healthcare, Education, Commercial and Mixed Use. The role will see you working collaboratively with the construction team.
You will be expected to provide general financial and commercial M&E support across a variety of projects within the region, which will include but is not limited to:
• Involvement in the development of design and procurement strategies to maximise opportunities in improving project delivery
• Involvement in identifying key project risks and agreement of mitigation strategies.
• The production of Monthly and Quarterly Cost Reports including assessing cost and value to date and projecting future cost and value
• Ensuring compliance with Business requirements and Best Practice procedures
• The production of monthly valuations and agreement with client representatives
• The measurement, valuation and negotiation of Client Variations
• Maintaining professional relationships at all times with Client’s, Consultants and our Supply Chain partners
• Maintaining a close working relationship with the construction team and specifically the project commercial lead from construction
As well as being able to procure and commercially manage the M&E subcontract packages, which includes:
• Ensuring supply chain competency with Business and Project requirements prior to issue of any tender enquiry
• Agreement of specific Work Package scope of works and the preparation of all relevant documentation for formal subcontract enquiries
• Procurement negotiations including agreement of S/C terms and conditions
• Analysis / reconciliation of returned tenders and the preparation of the final subcontract recommendation
• Producing and issuing out robust and relevant subcontract order documentation
• Commercial responsibility throughout on all matters relating to subcontract work packages including interim applications and agreement of final accounts
Please get in touch for full details on this role.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency