Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Salary||£35,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience|
This is a large firmly established, dynamic consultancy who work across a range of sectors in the Commercial, Retail, Residential and Industrial sectors. Their building services department is over 25 head strong in Manchester and growing with the need to expand their Mechanical Offering.
As a people focussed business, our client fully understands and appreciates the need for work-life balance offering an agile working arrangement. This role would see you working within a close knit team with full support from Director level and a structured path for progression to Principal level and beyond.
• responsible for design development, including drawings and calculations;
• liaise with Clients, other design team members and contractors;
• liaise with other team members to plan workload and resources;
•produce drawings and calculations and checking those of others;
• author official documents including letters, reports and specifications;
• mentor junior engineers and technicians
• Sound technical knowledge of mechanical building services.
• AutoCAD / REVIT familiarity (although not critical)
• Familiar with industry standard calculation programmes, e.g Hevacomp / Cymap / IES.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.