Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
Coleman James are working with a leading National M&E contractor who have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in the North West. Reporting into the Project Director and working alongside the Project Manager, this role will be accountable for delivery of the Mechanical elements of our projects and provide the resources required for natural growth in the region. The client currently has 11 soon to be 14 live projects within the North West including Offices, MOJ, Education, Leisure, Commercial and more.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensure areas of responsibility allocated to you by the Project Manager are delivered on time, within budget to agreed standards
- Identify risks and ensure mitigation measures are put in place.
- Effectively manage sub-contractors as well as team performance on the project by ensuring everyone reporting to you has clear roles and responsibilities
- Support the project manager to ensure the project budget and costs are managed effectively for all services
- Design management – attendance at design team meetings
- Commissioning and final handover, take responsibility for activities allocated to you to ensure this is done effectively.
To be successful in the role you will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and able to work under your own initiative. Alongside this you will be a strong communicator with the ability to engage at all levels and be a solid team player.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.