Senior Project Engineer
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Prior experience as Senior Design Engineer within SISS or SCADA
- Exemplary experience as a Project Engineer
- Be able to Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer
- Lead/Plan and monitor all project engineering activities including full lifecycle design and change control processes
- Lead a team of Project Engineers
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required
- Project Technical Assurance
- Responsible for the delivery and deployment of the hardware and software to ensure that safety requirements and integration requirements are fulfilled and delivered
- Support the Lead Project Engineering Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met, and effect remedial action where required
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management (essential)
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance (essential)
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
- Leading the engineering team on requirements analysis, development of solution concepts, preliminary designs and detailed designs for development, deployment, and integration.
- Collaborating with partners and sub-contractors in the delivery of solutions and services.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience will I need?
- Engineering degree not essential, experience within similar roles considered
- Senior Design experience of SCADA and/or SISS projects
- Past experience in being a recognized Network Rail Approved Contractor Project Engineer
- Experience of managing a small/medium sized teams of design engineers and implementation teams.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of requirements management for complete project lifecycle
- Ability to use IT packages such as MS Office, Visio, CAD, MS Projects etc
- Able to manage multiple workstreams
- You are resilient to setbacks and committed to achieving project goals
- You can interpret project stakeholder agendas and objectives, and integrate these to the betterment of the project
- CEM or CRE experience an advantage