Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior QS to join a North West based contractor who work throughout the UK looking to strengthen their commercial team in Manchester. They are a growing business that currently have over 200 staff with ongoing expansion plans to capitalise on recent growth. The client is keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition and are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in their workforce.
Working as a senior member of their commercial department and acting as a key pivotal role to the project team you will be required to manage the full cost control elements of a project, including planning, change management, forecasting and WIP reporting. Management of forecasting is essential and requires dedicated control of the monthly valuations upstream, to the client, and downstream to the sub-contractors and suppliers. As a senior member of the team you will be required to support the pre-construction team including contract wording reviews, feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis. Writing reports and preparing documents (plans, contracts, budgets etc), dealing with risk analysis evaluations and dispute resolution.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- General Pre-& Post Construction management.
- Contract reviews upstream with the client
- Management, control of project contributions and effective monthly monitoring and analysis.
- Scope analysis of sub-contract packages including CDP reviews
- Cost / budget / margin project projections & management
- WIP reporting, including cash flow forecasting
- Profit Improvement Plans and Risk Management
- Client billing negotiations & justifications
- Management of change both internal & external ensuring contractual compliance.
- Sub-contractor/partner appointments & price work negotiations
- Management of all purchase orders & invoices for suppliers
- Management of Contract Master & Contract Costing systems
- Customer engagement and Business Development
Working with People:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Understand how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them.
- Help mentor the junior members of the team and encourage development form within.
- Understand the needs of others and able to respond accordingly.
- Approachable team player who can communicate at different levels and situations and influence people.
- Working with various construction contracts such as NEC3/4, JCT design and build, bespoke contracts
- 5year+ working as Senior QS role
- Experience of working as a principal contractor
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline team and projects
- Experience of working on large multi-million-pound projects
- Proven track record of delivering successful commercial performance.
- Minimum of HNC/HND level of education
- Dedicated QS qualification
- CSCS Card
- QS Professional Membership
- H&S Qualification desirable
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Business.