Senior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established team based in Newcastle supporting a major project. The project involves the construction of the new manufacturing facility, laboratories, office and logistics centre and development of its site-wide infrastructure.
Key Accountabilities of the role will include:
- Develop and encourage project team performance encouraging and ensuring that contractual obligations and or strategies are executed and regularly reviewed
- Complete and submit monthly MCR, procurement reports and progress reports
- Demonstrate understanding of internal and external tender strategies / build up
- Agree external valuations / cash flow to maximise project value
- Work with the Commercial Manager to agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts
- Ensure all subcontract management / process obligations are complete with reference to Procurement, Measurement and valuation, Contractual instructions / notices / orders as well as Health and Safety
Our client is looking for a qualified Senior Surveyor with relevant commercial skills and experience including the ability to maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management as well as effectively use / understand financial reports and final accounts. To be successful in the role you will be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate the ability to form and develop relationships with the client, design team and supply chain. You will also be committed to working within, leading and developing commercial site teams.
This is a Permanent position and Coleman James Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency.