Technical Assurance Engineer
|Location||Scunthorpe - Hybrid|
My client is a specialist in the delivery of innovative technology solutions and services within the railway infrastructure.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Assurance Engineer to join the existing team.
The purpose of the role is to undertake assurance activities linked to project delivery, design, manufacture and handover to enable the business to meet its contractual requirements.
Reporting to the Assurance Manager the successful candidate will provide evidence of compliance within the projects and review the project, design or handover documentation.
- Carry out reviews of project startup documentation that support the project throughout its life cycle, ensuring full compliance with contract, current British & European standards codes of practice and railway group standards and procedures;
- Assist in managing assurance through the life cycle stages aiming to achieve incremental acceptance with the client.
- Authoring/collation of technical design and assurance materials throughout the development lifecycle
- Follow the steps defined in the management of a standards matrix to monitor and record compliance on the product design.
- Assist with the assurance on supply chain manufacturing of products
- Assist with the assurance of works issued for Sub-Contract.
- Assist with product assurance through the development process.
- Writing of Project Plans and supporting documentation where required;
- Ensuring design documentation / drawings meet the scope of work requirements;
- Assure and manage project handover documentation to project completion;
- Complete allocated works in accordance with program timescales;
- Monitor progress of works, advising the Project Manager at agreed periodicities, and agreeing alterations to programs of work or working patterns as required;
- Assurance of design documentation as a checker, reviewer or approver.
- Supporting the Quality department in deliverables that cross over into Assurance and KPI’s
- Prepare and deliver briefings to staff on technical, procedural and handbook publications, including participation in relevant training as required;
- Supporting of business development with ongoing tenders, providing project plans, reviewing and creating tender response documentation.
- Focus on communications and IT systems
- Quality and or Assurance background
- Experience in participating in Audits / Inspections
- Exposure to manufacture / product development process
- Exposure / Understanding of RAMS
- Experience handing over a projects to the client through the life cycle
- Experience of reviewing designs, ITP’s and scoping documentation
- 5 years’ experience in rail projects, holding an assurance role would be beneficial
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft software
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
This permanent vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Coleman-James Limited who are operating as an Employment Business.