Technical Estimator - Telecoms
|Salary||£55,000pa to £60,000pa (Negotiable)|
My client is a specialist in the delivery of innovative technology solutions and services within the railway infrastructure.
We are recruiting for a Telecoms Technical Estimator to support the Business Development Team by preparing costing & submission documents to respond to customer enquiries. Co-ordinating between the business functional departments to ensure we respond both in a professional & timely manner to all enquiries.
This post is responsible for the preparation of bids & tenders for the company to include:
• Review of received invitations to tender to identify suitability against the business strategy
• Interpretation of customer requirements and development of appropriate bid strategy with the Bid Manager
• Requesting and engagement of departmental resource as required to support submissions
• Collation and preparation of detailed budget costings to support submissions
• Presentation of submissions for review & acceptance by Bid Review Panel
• Customer interface for ongoing bids & follow up of submissions
• Provide information to assist with the maintenance of the live tender database and bid register
• KPI reporting for forecasting & continuous improvement
• Provide assistance when required for completion of Expressions of Interest, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Bid Documentation & Quotes as required by the business.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
• Experience of bid & quotation processes & completion of submissions
• Experience of working in the Rail Industry
• Experience of Telecoms products and installations
• Ideally be Degree Qualified in a relevant subject
• Familiarity with standard Rail & Construction Industry Contract Terms & Conditions
• Excellent computer skills & will be proficient in the use of Excel, Word & other Microsoft Office applications.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Coleman-James Ltd who are operating as an employment agency.